Monday, October 8, 2007

Track 02 & 03 Catherine Todd.mp3 IRS Studios 9-07

10.8.07

To Jim Goodin

I've attached the other two tracks; I can't remember what the difference is between track 2 and 3; # 3 was a practice piece the next day so I would end with SOMETHING more than 5 or 7 minutes to work with, after all that money!

Let me know your favorite parts. Corin told me it is standard procedure to pick out the best parts and work with those (he even showed me the paper files they kept with markings for measures etc. Looked just like when I would write database programs for my clients! Almost exactly the same, so I think I can do this).

I was wondering about how one chooses and uses "the best parts," as I have lots of really crummy recordings (on a $15.00 tape recorder from years past) with some really nice pieces that I wanted to pull together, and this might also help "bring the music back." The fancy parts that I can barely remember and my fingers hesitate for the first time in my life... since I have been "pianoless" for the first time in years! So this could be a really great thing.

Maybe you can add some guitar to these pieces? Feel free if you want to, and send me what you come up with.

Hope these go though and the Internet stays up. You are changing my life, and we haven't even met!
Thank you so much!

Catherine

P.S. Whenever I would be playing somewhere, people would always come up and ask me "Was that a Windham Hill record playing? No - no - no, it "was just me." So I stayed away from performing ever since I quit the Gaslight in the Village so many years ago. Very quickly I found that performing was not for me, and I worked there as a waitress and manager... much happier "behind the scenes." But maybe that should change just not to be so timid about it. I don't want to have to think about Money and Music, but I shouldn't be so afraid of being in front of an audience. Everyone does love it. And now that you've given me this "stamp of approval" I just don't know what to say! Next step, please!

--
*** Traveling:

"A child on a farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of a faraway place. A traveler on a plane sees the farmhouse and dreams of home." ~ Carl Burns

Words to live by: "Best of all is to preserve everything in a pure, still heart, and let there be for every pulse a thanksgiving, and for every breath a song." ~ Konrad von Gesner

"The world is made anew each day, for God makes it so. It contains within it all the good and all the evil as before; no more, no less, but the same." ~ Paraphrased from "The Crossing," by Cormac McCarthy

Catherine Todd
3007 Bent Tree Dr. Oxford NC 27565
H 919.693.0853 U.S. cell 919.605.0727

No comments: